Plant Design Management System (PDMS) is a customizable, multi-user and multi-discipline 3D CAD software, which is widely used across various industries these days. Developed by Aveva, a UK based MNC into plant design software development, this software helps the piping engineers and 3D architects to convert the 2D drawings into 3D models. PDMS is primarily used in the onshore and offshore oil and gas industry. It also finds its application in engineering projects, chemical and process plants, power plants, and water treatment plants.
The primary advantages offered by the PDMS can be listed as under:
- It facilitates seeing the actual model of the plant with accurate dimensions.
- It saves up to 30% material costs in comparison to the manual calculation method.
- Pipe clashes, lack of space, fitting problems, and other such issues in plant design can be avoided through PDMS.
- It provides a higher degree of accuracy compared to the 2D software.
- PDMS helps in calculating the exact quantity of materials to be used in the plant, so that no extra quantities are ordered; it can also generate material take off reports.
- Through PDMS, we can automatically run the isometric drawings of the pipes for fabrication purpose.
- It is relatively easy to make modifications to the plant designs generated through PDMS.
- Support for piping can be easily created in the hanger and support module of the PDMS.
There are even more benefits, besides those mentioned above, of using the PDMS software for plant design. That’s why, there is a widespread demand for competent PDMS professionals in the industries such as oil and gas, petroleum and petrochemicals, energy generation, water treatment, and others. The pay packages are quite impressive for the knowledgeable candidates in the PDMS domain.
If you also want to make a successful career in the field of 3D CAD, there is no better option than going for professional PDMS Training & Certification. You may enroll for PDMS online training from an established institution. There are some good institutions offering PDMS online courses, along with other professional training courses, that enjoy a high-level of industry acceptance. Multisoft Virtual Academy is an online professional training institution that offers PDMS online training and various other industry-centric professional courses. Know more.
About Author: Vivek Gupta is a content writer at Multisoft Virtual Academy based in Noida, U.P. He regularly writes articles and blog posts on the topics related to professional training, education, and certification courses. He is a versatile writer with rich industry experience and has written content for various industries such as health, education, finance, law, travel, and IT services, among others.