IIBA® (International Institute of Business Analysis) the regulating authority of CBAP® (Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™) offers the best in class solution for the Business Analysts who wish to establish their career in this domain. The primary step for any exam is to have a proper knowledge of the concepts imparted by an experienced mentor and this can be done by getting an appropriate formal training.
Once, the candidate gets proficient enough to attempt for an exam, the next step comes in about filling up an application form for appearing in the Certification exam. It is counted as an initial step towards the journey of attaining the CBAP® Certification.
Today, we bring some handy tips that can help you in filling up the CBAP® Certification form that can help you the best possible way and eliminate the chances of any error that may lead to rejection of your application. Let’s take you through the journey about filling up the CBAP® form and answers the related questions.
Requirements For filling up the CBAP® Application Form
If the aspirants are moving ahead to fill the form, they need to satisfy the following requirements:
- At least 7500 hours of experience in leading the projects
- 21 hours of Training from an authorized EEP (Endorsed Education Partner)
- 2 references either from CBAP®, Career Manager or Client
- The total Business Analysis hours have to be minimum of 900 hours in at least 4 of the 6 Knowledge Areas, namely ‘Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring’, ‘Enterprise Analysis’, ‘Elicitation’, ‘Requirement Analysis’, ‘Solution Assessment and Validation’ and ‘Requirement Management and Communication’.
Different Screens/Sections of an Application Form
1. Personal Details
3. Work Experience
4. Professional Development
Points to Remember
- The candidate should prefer filling up more than the suggested working Hours i.e 7500.
- The number of hours can be 8500 in order to eliminate the reasons that lead to failure of application submission.
- IIBA® suggests the candidates to fill in the reference part to avoid any delays in submission, as it cannot be submitted until there is approval from the references entered by the candidate.
- Try to fill in the form as early as possible, as the updates must be saved within 1 hour or else the changes may get discarded.
- Check only those Business Analysis hours that are aligned with BABOK®, otherwise the non corresponding hours result in deduction of tasks; thus, reducing the number of approved hours.
- All the Business Analysis and work experience hours should be from the span of past 10 years.
Once the Submit button is clicked the candidate is taken to the payment page, wherein the candidates can choose to pay now or pay later options
Finally, the candidate’s application gets submitted (all sections show the Complete status) and the payment gets confirmed; ‘IIBA® assess it and send the result by email within two weeks, as mentioned under CBAP® handbook.
Multisoft Virtual Academy provides guidance through the CBAP® online training course for the candidates. Not only this, but it also avails 10% discount offer on CBAP® under its offer of the month scheme. Offer lasts till April 30, 2016.