An Insight Into the Types and Requirements of RTOS
Real Time Operating System (RTOS) that promises to provide some defined capabilities that are covered in the specified time frame. It also helps in predicting the unpredictable event along with processing multiple programs simultaneously.
Types of RTOS
It comprises of two types mentioned below:
- Hard Real Time Systems: It means that there is a hard deadline of the task and it has to be met within the specified time limit; or else the task will be declared as failed. These types of systems are used in the objects wherein safety is a critical issue. Few examples of these types of systems are trains, car, aircraft, nuclear reactors or missiles.
- Soft Real Time Systems: It means that if the deadlines are not met within the specified time frame, some adjustments can be made and the task is not declared as failed. However, this includes the system costs, as the tasks got delayed.
The RTOS architecture consists of the following:
- Program Interface
- Optional Service Modules
- The Kernel
Requirements of a Good RTOS
There are certain features that must be possessed by a good RTOS. Let’s get an insight about them:
- Multitasking Feature: An RTOS must have a capability of handling multiple tasks along with separating all the tasks so that the CPU is able to work on all of them.
- Fast Dispatch Latency: This is also known as context switch time. This includes the time taken by the Operating System in identifying that the current event has finished and the tasks in the queue are being called. However, it must be preferred that the switching time remains minimum.
- Scheduling: Time constrained tasks have certain deadlines and must be accomplished within the specified time. Hence, an OS must be able to schedule the constrained tasks well-in time to eliminate any failures.
- Memory Management: A task should be provided certain ways so that it can lock the data in the real time memory. This guarantees a pre-planned response in case any interruptions occur.
RTOS is chosen widely by numerous organizations to eliminate any delays that are likely to occur due to buffering. This OS helps in giving the consistency in acceptance and completion of the tasks. Multisoft Virtual Academy offers the RTOS online training course to impart the knowledge about RTOS concepts. The expert trainers also provide an understanding of the Kernel Classification and Embedded Linux.
Also, the RTOS online training program help to know the various tools required for application development. The aspirants also have an option of getting the demo classes before joining the online training, along with getting the customized batch schedule.
Explore and grab the opportunities present in the Embedded Domain with the help of an online training
No Comments | Sep 16, 2017
Understanding the Memory Organization of 8051 Microcontroller Programming
No Comments | Apr 14, 2015
A glance at commonly asked questions and answers on embedded systems
No Comments | Jun 16, 2016
Career Scope after Successfully Completing Verilog Online Courses!
No Comments | Sep 10, 2019