SAS® is mainly used for crunching numbers and forecasting result. Besides these, it also serves as a useful tool for understanding consumer’s behavior pattern, project management, application development, data entry, report writing, storage, and decision making. Thus it is acts as a customized integrated tool, providing a plethora of useful multiple features.
Moving beyond statistical analysis
SAS® is designed to perform Business Intelligence (BI); time series analysis; data mining; predictive modelling, reporting, and many more. Hence it is loaded with many handy features which allow to carry out numerous functions besides statistical and mathematical analysis. For example, it can be used for financial analysis. In financial analysis, consumer’s behavior’s analytical models are created for prediction.
Application of SAS®
With SAS®, database can be accessed along with un-formatted and flat files; data can be changed, and graphical output can be created for web pages, publication, and other purposes. Thus due to the features SAS® renders, it finds application in pharmaceutical analysis; sales forecasting; financial risk analysis and psychological testing.
Besides these, SAS® is used in various sectors such as pharmaceuticals, banking, education, government, and other sectors too. It also forms a major analytics platform for work related to academic research and data analysis carried out in various organizations and institutions worldwide.
Different Modules of SAS®
- Base SAS®deals with data access; data manipulation, SQL, data set management, and statistics
- SAS®/ETS is used for time series analysis and prediction
- SAS®/QC is used for quality control analysis
- SAS®/STAT is used for multivariate statistical modeling
- SAS®/OR is useful in Operations Research
- SAS®/Graph is useful for creating graphs and business charts
- SAS®/AF is Applications Framework used for creation of application
- SAS®/Access is a host of interface components made for vendor databases
- SAS®/IML is Interactive Matrix Language for program construction
- SAS®/Connect is used for bridging and submitting programs to other SAS® installations in different platforms
SAS® online training
Learning SAS® by oneself is a difficult task as just like any programming language it has functions, statements, built-in procedures, control structures and many more. Thus for individuals who are not thorough with SAS® concepts but want to understand it completely can enroll for SAS® online training from a reputed organization.