The global Hadoop market is witnessing an exponential growth with a CAGR of 55.63 percent making it a hot bed of lucrative opportunities for professionals globally. The market is flooded with Hadoop positions and Hiring Managers are in look out for expert professionals having knowledge about the Hadoop ecosystem. The best way to understand about the much hyped Big Data and Hadoop market and gain knowledge about different technical professionals working with HDFS, MapReduce and the entire Hadoop ecosystem is to have a look at various Hadoop job descriptions -which is a mixed bag ranging from developers to data scientists.
Contrary to the popular misconception that the IT companies only require Hadoop professionals, a growing number of enterprises have started identifying the importance of big data technologies like Hive, Pig, HBase, MapReduce, Zookeeper, and Hcatalog. Consequently, there has been tremendous increase in the number of Hadoop developer and Hadoop administration jobs with healthy paying premiums.
With the increasing number of organizations tapping the technology to store and make use of the exponential data bank such as social media content, browser cookies, weblogs, click stream data to gain deeper insights about the preferences of their customer- Hadoop jobs are sure to populate the job sites. But the general question is that where are these Big Data jobs. Here is a glimpse at the popular options which a Hadoop enthusiast can take up:
Ideally the candidates need to have fair knowledge about the coding and programming side of the story. Hadoop Developer roles can be considered synonymous to a software developer or application developer. Tough the job portals like Dice.com and Indeed describe them to be someone who holds an experience of 2 years in the field and also has experience in customizing applications in Hadoop architecture. The ideal candidate needs to have knack of handling a team of developers in order to grab the enticing deals.
Hadoop Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- Defining job flows
- Managing and Reviewing Hadoop Log Files
- Cluster Coordination services through Zookeeper
- Manage Hadoop jobs using scheduler
- Support MapReduce programs running on the Hadoop cluster.
- Proven Knowledge of workflow/ schedulers
- Ability to deal with Data Loading tools like Flume and Sqoop
- Expertise in writing Pig Latin Scripts and HiveQL
A Hadoop Architect is the ultimate link builder and takes care of all the needs of the organization. The main role entails planning and designing next generation system architectures. A specialized talent is required to hold this post coupled with the responsibility to handle development and deployment of Hadoop Applications. The candidate is regarded to have expert knowledge of popular Hadoop distribution platforms like Cloudera, HortonWorks, and MapR.
Hadoop Architect Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertaking the necessary Requirement analysis
- Designing the Technical architecture and application customization
- Undertaking the deployment of proposed solution design
- Extensive knowledge about Hadoop Architecture and HDFS
- Hive, Pig
- Java Map Reduce
The Hadoop Administrator is similar in profile to the System administrator. The main responsibilities include setting up Hadoop clusters, backup, recovery and maintenance of the same. The role demands good knowledge of hardware systems and excellent understanding of Hadoop architecture.
Hadoop Administrator Roles and Responsibilities:
- HDFS maintenance and support
- Planning and screening of Hadoop Clusters
- Keeping track of all the connectivity and security issues
- In-depth knowledge of Hbase
- Hands on experience in Oozie, HCatalog, Hive
Like in any other development cycle, the role of testers in Hadoop cycle in also very crucial in ensuring that the process designed is in sync with the required one. The main role includes finding and fixing bugs in Hadoop applications.
Hadoop Tester Roles and Responsibilities
- Main responsibility includes consolidation of defects in the program and report them
- Reporting all the Positive and negative test cases in Hadoop/Pig/Hive components
- Communicating all the reports and defects to the development team in order to bring the corrective action
- Knowledge of JUnit, MRUnit framework for testing
- Knowledge of Java to test MapReduce Jobs
- Hands on knowledge of Hive, Pig
If Big Data holds your interest, Multisoft Virtual Academy has the perfect Hadoop Online Course for you. Join the bandwagon with the right ingredient.