Project management in an organization involves initiating, planning, and executing a project in order to achieve specific goals. Project management can benefit an organization in many ways as it provides a systematic approach to managing and controlling different types of projects efficiently. The project management certification online courses can be very useful for those who wish to become a proficient project manager.
A certified project manager has the capability to execute the above mentioned tasks in the best possible manner. Different industries have their specific project management templates as per their own requirements. However, in general, the project management process includes the following 5 stages:
- Initiating: An idea for a project is projected and it is determined that whether it is beneficial for the organization or not.
- Planning: During this phase, the total budget is calculated and determined what resources are needed.
- Executing: Resources and tasks are distributed amongst the team members during this phase.
- Monitoring: Project managers compare the project status and progress to the actual plan.
- Closing: Evaluation is done to highlight project success and to learn from project history.
The project management online courses are designed to help the learner to clear certification exams in their first attempt. The learner will be able to master the skills to successfully manage, execute, and deliver projects in line with global project management best practices. These courses are best suited for project managers, assistant project managers, team managers, project engineers and those who aspire to become future project manager. A well-trained project manager can bring many benefits to the company by:
- Developing a full understanding of the goals, objectives and benefits of the proposed plan
- Ensuring that the project proceeds effectively through all the essential phases
- Properly analyzing the time scale and budget for completion of the project
- Clearly defining roles and responsibilities of the team members
- Implementing a systematic process to manage project scope or objectives