SolidWorks® is Computer-aided Design (CAD) and Computer-aided Engineering software program that helps to create 2D or 3D solid models. It aids in developing models without any complexity, works faster, and follows a cost effective approach. SolidWorks® is a product of Dassault Systèmes which is a subsidiary of Dassault Systèmes S.A., located in France. The software product is best suited for Mechanical Engineers or Architects.
Before delving into deeper technicalities, let’s understand the components of SolidWorks®:
SolidWorks® consists of the following components:
>> Solid Modeling
>> Circuit Works
>> DWG editor
>> PhotoView 360
Why to choose SolidWorks®?
Engineers or Architects can opt for SolidWorks® due to the following reasons:
- Creates fast 2D Designs: It helps in creating 2D designs that can be automatically updated on-the-fly, when the design is changed to 3D model. SolidWorks® software assists to update dimensions, critical tables and add notes to newly added values to provide 100% accuracy.
- Speeds up Design: It uses defined industry tools to pace up the designing time of manufacturing weldments, mold and die design, routed systems, sheet metal etc.
- Test design against real-world conditions: It helps to validate designs during initial process of designing. This feature helps to test the design about how it will hold up under heat, water, extreme wind, and much more conditions.
SolidWorks affects the productivity of work and provides a rich environment that aids the work to get completed faster. Below mentioned are the factors that improve productivity:
- Software tools cover the entire design process: It helps to focus on innovation with assistance of intuitive design interface and integrated software that work together.
- Built-in intelligence: It aids in quickly creating the design with zero errors. The productivity gets increased as SolidWorks® automatically dimensions the manufacturing features in 3D format and checks dimensional completeness; and displays the status graphically on 2D designs.
- Improved Collaboration: It assists in easily and securely sharing designs across organizations; managing product data; and automating work flows.
- Brings down the cost of ownership: It is easy in usage, quick to deploy, and simple to manage which in turn reduces the cost and helps to reach the product in market, faster.
SolidWorks’ services are a blend of strong capabilities that help to manage complicated product design processes. Following are the SolidWorks® Modeling capabilities:
- Conceptual Design: Uses simple sketches, imported images, and scanned 3D data to create design.
- 3D Solid Modeling: Quickly transforms concepts and ideas into amazing quality virtual 3D models.
- Advanced Surface Design: Generates seamless intricate organic shapes with curved continuous surfaces.
SolidWorks® helps a lot in building up 3D designs and the professionals having the knowledge about the software are preferred more than the ones who lack in the same. Hence, having a formal training of SolidWorks® software can be of great help to the professionals who aim to build a career in Mechanical Engineering.